Usually added to soups like Tinola, or tossed in salads, malunggay is popular as cooking aid or as colorful garnish to home-cooked meals. But there’s more to this plant that it’s dubbed as “the miracle tree”! From fighting off diseases to improving hair and skin quality, discover the many benefits of malunggay.
What is malunggay / moringa?
Because the plant is packed with vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, malunggay has been used as an herbal remedy in many cultures over hundreds of years. It effectively combats malnutrition, especially for infants and nursing mothers.
What are the health benefits of malunggay / moringa?
To say that malunggay is a superfood would be accurate, as it contains more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. At the same time, it can be consumed by everyone, so small children and adults alike can enjoy the many benefits of malunggay.
Here are just some of the many malunggay benefits:
1. Prevents diabetes by helping normalize blood sugar levels.
2. Fights cancer. Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that stop the growth of cancer cells.
3. Improves sleep. If you’re stressed out or have trouble sleeping, malunggay can help you relax and sleep better.
4. Good for lactating mothers. Because malunggay has 4 times the calcium in milk, lactating mothers are encouraged toad malunggay leaves to their diet so they can produce milk for their babies. The leaves can be added in soup or can be boiled and taken as tea.
5. Treats inflammations linked to arthritis, rheumatism and joint pains. Malunggay has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent and treat certain inflammations.
6. Boosts the immune system. Moringa contains minerals that aid digestion, ensuring that the body totally absorbs the nutrients in what you eat.
7. Helps repair and restore the hair and skin. Because of its very high Vitamins A (4 times than that of carrot) and C (7 times than that of oranges) content, moringa improves skin elasticity, keeping it supple, and also helps lighten skin.
Try the many benefits of Malunggay for you and your loved ones with Moringa-O² hair and skin care! Each product packs the moisturizing and nourishing effects of Moringa and combines it with Olive Oil and Omega (from Sunflower Oil).