Many moms notice, a few months into welcoming their little one, a huge amount of hair clogging the bathroom drain, on the pillowcase, or on their brushes. You might have experienced hair fall all of your life, but after childbirth, the amount of hair you lose seems excessive.
And it’s got you worried: will you be losing all of your hair and go bald? Is this a serious condition?
Let us start by saying that you are not alone. Post-partum hair loss is common among new mothers in the Philippines. It’s normal, and more importantly, it’s temporary.
No need to worry about your gorgeous mommy locks.
We understand, however, that the clusters of hair that falling on your shoulders can be bothersome. So, Moringa-O2 will walk you through post-partum hair loss: why it happens, how you can cope with it, and what a moringa post-partum hair loss shampoo can do for you.
New Baby, New Hair: Why Post-Partum Hair Loss Happens
As with bodily changes that happen during pregnancy, your hormones are the culprit.
Pregnancy causes a surge in estrogen levels, which are instrumental in preventing hair fall. While you’re pregnant, your hair loss decreases, thanks to high estrogen levels.
Once you’ve delivered your baby, estrogen levels drop. The sudden decrease in estrogen causes hair to shed faster. It’s your hair making up for lost time — you may experience nine months’ worth of hair loss in only three to four months. It only seems alarming because it’s happening in a short period.
Post-partum hair loss usually peaks at around three to four months after the delivery. During this period, your hair follicles regenerate and prepare for the normal hair loss cycle. At about 6 to twelve months post-delivery, you’ll be seeing a healthy amount of hair fall on your hairbrush.
Tress in Trouble: How Stressful Can It Get?
Post-partum hair loss is temporary, but it can add to the already huge amount of stress that new moms face, especially when body image is concerned. During the post-partum period, you can feel physically and emotionally vulnerable. In some cases, you might even think that you’re no longer attractive or desirable, losing touch with the young woman you once were.
So when you look in the mirror and see the broad hair part, focus on the positive things your body has done. Nourishing and bringing a baby into the world is nothing short of a miracle.
Then, take note that hair loss is normal and temporary; it’ll resolve within a year. Plus, there are a lot of things you can do to minimize it.
Mom Tips: Reducing Hair Loss
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re experiencing post-partum hair loss:
- Go easy on treating your hair. Even though going for a rebond or dyeing your hair can enhance the look of your tresses, it might stress the follicles. Give them time to rejuvenate.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull the hair, like tight ponytails, pigtails, and braids. These can stress the follicles and speed up the shedding of the strands.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to keep your scalp and hair nourished. These contain flavonoids and antioxidants that can protect the hair and promote hair growth.
On top of that, make the most out of what nature offers. Try an herbal shampoo that’s formulated for after-pregnancy hair loss.
The Solution: Moringa
To supplement your anti-hair fall crusade, incorporate our powerful products into your hair care routine:
- Herbal Anti-Hairfall Shampoo with Argan Oil – Packs the vitamins and minerals found in moringa, which are essential for promoting healthy hair growth. Moreover, this shampoo protects your remaining hair from post-pregnancy hair loss and environmental damage.
- Herbal Anti-Hairfall Conditioner with Argan Oil – Complements our anti-hair fall shampoo, providing nourishment to thin and weak hair. Additionally, it gives the strands a protective coating, cushioning them from damage. Its honey extract content also improves the hair’s water retention, keeping fresh and moisturized.
- Herbal Therapy Oil for Hair, Scalp and Skin – Features a unique blend of natural oils that moisturize the scalp, helps reduces hair loss, and soothes an itchy and irritated scalp. It also softens the hair and gives it a healthy sheen.
Discover what moringa can do to your new mommy hair. Explore our products today.