The quest for perfect skin lies in the perfect balance of a healthy lifestyle complemented by the right professional skin care products. While the first aspect can be achieved through discipline, the second aspect is more challenging.
So how do you choose the right professional skin care products?
- Know your starting point. To get to where you want to go, you need to know where you are. This means, you need to know:
- Your skin type. Is it oily, dry, normal, sensitive, or combination?
- Your complexion. Are you fair skinned? Medium? Dark?
- Your skin issues. Are you looking to address premature aging, prone to breakouts? Do you have skin problems like age spots, rosacea (redness and dilated blood vessels on facial skin), or dermatitis?
- Do your research. Know what ingredients work best for your skin and look for products that contain that ingredient in high enough concentrations that the product actually works. An easy tell that the ingredient you are looking for is the active ingredient of a product is if it is listed near the top of the ingredient list.
- Know your oils. Different oils have a multitude of benefits to skin health and overall physical well-being.
Below are the three of the more widely used in the industry:
Moringa oil comes from the seeds of Moringa Olefeira tree. This is extremely rich in phytonutrients. Its benefits on the skin include:
- Anti-aging. This is the best-known benefit of Moringa oil. It helps remove wrinkles and prevents sagging skin. Anti-oxidants contained in the oil slow the appearance of evidence of aging and curb the activity of free radicals.
- Natural glow. Moringa oil helps fight skin fatigue and control oil secretion. It also helps counteract the damage caused by pollution on skin improving purity and promoting a healthy and natural glow.
- Curing benefits. Moringa oil helps cure acne, remove black heads and spots.
Known as ‘liquid gold’, Olive oil is famous for its health benefits. Products that contain olive oil as an active ingredient can expect to have the following benefits:
- Antioxidant. Containing 3 major antioxidants- Vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytoserols; olive oil helps protect the skin from premature aging. It helps restore, smoothens, and protect skin against UV damage.
- Moisturizing. Olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing a cleansing effect.
- Healing. Olive oil heals through its regenerative properties that help soothe skin and heal irritation.
Sunflower oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega-6 fatty acids. This allows the oil to have the following benefits on the skin:
- Moisturizing. The large quantity of Vitamin E in sunflower oil acts an emollient that traps moisture inside skin cells.
- Anti-aging activity. Sunflower oil is a strong antioxidant that reverses the damage caused by free radicals. It also protects the collagen and elastin in skin thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Curative. Sunflower oil has anti-inflammatory benefits that help reduce skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, and sunburn. It also helps with skin regeneration.
While it is easy to fall into the trap of choosing skin care products that are usually popular and more expensive, knowing what to look for will give you the ability to identify products that are effective. With this, you can use products that is within your budget without sacrificing the results.
Check out Moringa-O² products for professional skin care products within budget.