Seen those hair strands caught in between the bristles of your brush? Maybe you’ve noticed a thinning patch of hair while styling or freshening up by the mirror? While not exactly life-threatening, hair fall may cause stress and damage to your emotional and psychological well-being. This is already a sign of hair fall that may ultimately lead to hair loss. In moderate amounts, hair fall is a normal bodily process — the strands fall off to make way for new, healthier hair. We lose anywhere between 50 and 200 strands a day.
In some cases, however, a person loses too much hair too soon. When hair loss becomes noticeable (meaning it comes off in clusters) or when it simply stops growing, you may be experiencing hair loss. Commonly found in the scalp, hair loss causes thinning of the hair or bald patches on the head.
A lot of factors can explain receding hairline and bald spots.
- Your family history may be the culprit. Hair loss can be a hereditary condition that shows up as a person ages.
- Hormonal changes — such as those experienced during pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause — can cause hair to fall out.
- Stress could affect hair growth. A person may experience thinning hair several months after a physical or emotional trauma.
- Hair loss could be a side effect of some medications, treatments, and supplements.
- Excessive hairstyling and treatments can cause an inflammation of the hair follicles, leading to hair loss.
Imagine the embarrassment that in a social setting someone points out a noticeable cluster of hair strands on your shoulder; or that a friend makes a joke about how your patch of thinning hair is a sign of aging.
As what most hair experts would say, hair fall and hair loss is mostly out of your control. It comes as a result of different conditions and causes, including genes and the very natural process of aging. Yes, hair fall is mostly out of your control, but don’t worry, because there are these easy hair fall home fixes that you can do.
Your best bet against hair fall is moringa, also known as malunggay. The unassuming malunggay is widely renowned for its hair regrowth properties, used in concoctions and hair masks to restore volume and thickness to locks.
So what makes it an effective treatment for hair loss? Malunggay is packed with vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids that promote a healthy scalp and better hair growth.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A plays an important role in the development of healthy cells, including the ones on the scalp. If the hair doesn’t receive enough vitamin A, the scalp may thicken, dandruff may appear, and the hair loss could worsen.
- B Vitamins – Hair loss is linked to a deficiency of B vitamins, so supplying your hair with essential B vitamins (vitamins B6, biotin, and folic acid) may boost hair growth.
- Vitamins C and E – This stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, boosting nutrient absorption of hair follicles.
- Iron – Iron helps carry oxygen to the blood. Consequently, it helps nourish the scalp, creating a healthy environment for the hair follicles.
- Zinc and Silica – Together with vitamin A, these two prevent drying and clogging of the sebaceous glands, enabling them to moisturize the scalp. Moreover, as zinc deficiency can cause the hair follicles to deteriorate, the mineral is essential in keeping hair follicles functional.
How to Use Moringa for Hair Loss
Moringa-O² has a complete line of moringa products that can help your hair loss problems.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Anti-Hairfall Shampoo with Argan Oil – Apart from the vitamins and minerals from the moringa plant, this shampoo is infused with proteins from collagen, which protect hair strands from damage. Apply a generous amount of the shampoo to wet hair, massage into scalp, and rinse.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Anti-Hairfall Conditioner with Argan Oil – Also infused with collagen, the conditioner complements the shampoo, protecting your hair and helping to thicken it. Apply it to damp hair, and massage from the scalp to the end of the strands for 2-3 minutes. Then, rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Therapy Oil – Apart from moringa oil, this also contains olive oil and omega oils from sunflowers. The powerful combination not only promotes hair growth; it also minimizes hair fall and makes hair strands less brittle. Massage the oil into your scalp and leave it on overnight. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and let your hair and scalp absorb the nutrients. Shampoo and condition afterward.
Aloe Vera Extract
Aloe Vera promotes healthy hair growth while nourishing the scalp with properties that help balance its pH level. This plant:
- Has proteolytic enzymes that thicken hair
- Creates a protective layer that guards your hair against environmental stresses that could weaken the strands
- Has proteins, vitamins, and minerals that help nourish the follicles
For thick, voluminous hair, do the following regimen thrice a week in the morning:
1. Apply Moringa-O2 therapy oil 30 minutes before bath.
1.2. Wash your hair thoroughly with the Moringa-O2 shampoo or conditioner.
2.3. Massage aloe vera extract or pulp onto your hair and scalp. Focus on the roots and tips of the hair.
3.4. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
You can also mix the aloe vera extract with other natural ingredients to give your hair a boost of nutrients.
- Aloe Vera and Eggs. Mix 1 cup of fresh aloe vera gel, 2-3 tbsp olive oil, and two egg yolks. Leave the mask on for 20-25 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Aloe Vera and Green Tea. Mix 1 cup green tea and 1 cup fresh aloe vera gel. Leave the mask on your hair for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Aloe Vera and Castor Oil. Mix 1cup fresh aloe vera gel, 2 tbsp castor oil, and 2 tbsp fenugreek powder. Apply to your hair and cover it with a shower cap. Leave the mask on overnight, and rinse it with Moringa-O2 shampoo and conditioner the following morning.
Green Tea Solution
Green Tea stimulates hair follicles and boosts hair production by optimizing your metabolism. It also inhibits the growth of certain hormones that contribute to hair loss. Green tea helps balance the amount of testosterone in the blood, which, in turn, enables hair growth. Like moringa, it also contains Vitamins C and E, which promote thick, lustrous hair.
Repeat the following regimen 3 to 4 times a week for 2 weeks:
- Create a green tea solution by dipping and soaking 2 green tea bags into a hot cup of water. Wait until the solution cools.
- You may also add 1 tbsp aloe gel (for hair growth), 1 tsp argan oil (for dry hair), a small piece of cinnamon (for hair growth), or ½ tsp orange peel (for shine) to the green tea solution. Strain the solution to remove the solid bits.
- After shampooing and conditioning with Moringa-O2, give your hair one last rinse using the green tea solution.
Egg White Mask
Eggs are reliable sources of protein and B vitamins, which are very good nutrients for keeping your hair healthy and strong. Egg white contains all the essential amino acids that you need to build, maintain, and replace tissues, including those in your scalp. The B vitamins strengthen hair strands by nourishing the roots. Egg whites also contain minerals, like niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, and sodium, which assist hair growth. All these nutrients work together to add volume and thicken your locks.
An egg white mask will help repair damage and minimize hair loss. It will also remove excess oil from your scalp, leaving it fresh and free from dirt. It may sound off-putting, but applying egg whites on your hair will be worth it in the long run.
Use the following procedure thrice a week in the morning, before taking a bath:
- Break 2 eggs and separate yolks from whites.
- Stir and beat the egg whites until it reaches a thick and even consistency.
- Apply the mask on your scalp and hair with a brush.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave for 20 minutes before washing. For best results, use Moringa-O2 anti-hair fall shampoo and conditioner.
Keeping your scalp and mane healthy by eating well and using the right products works too! Try the Moringa-O² hair care system for the best of what Malunggay, Olive Oil and Sunflower Oil has to offer.