Hair care tips
– Hair is indeed every person’s crowning glory. At times, hair can make or break an entire look. It is easy choosing a hair style – it is easy to straighten or curl your hair with a styling iron. On the other hand, there is no styling iron that can hide the telltale signs of unhealthy hair.
Foremost, when choosing the right herbal shampoo for your hair, it is best to know the different hair types. This is important because every hair type has its own features and specifications when it comes to hair care. Secondly, it is also important to know what are the signs of damaged hair – and how to repair it immediately to prevent further damage.
Hair, generally, has three types with two to three sub-types each. Hair can be:
Straight Hair (Type 1)
– this is the most sheen and resilient hair type. It is hard to damage and difficult to curl. It has three sub-types: 1a straight (fine and thin), 1b straight (medium), 1c straight (coarse). This type of hair is very common among Asians. Hair tends to be very soft, shiny, and very difficult to damage.
➢ What to watch out for with this hair type: Type 1 (straight) hair is extremely prone to oil. Sebum easily goes through from the scalp to the ends because there are no curls or kinks to interrupt its path. Oily hair can be very unhygienic as it can hoard dirt and bacteria. Conditions related to oil hair includes seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) and scalp psoriasis. Regular shampooing every other day can prevent excessive oil with this hair type.
Wavy Hair (Type 2)
– the sheen and texture of wavy hair ranges between straight and curly, and is characterized by a distinct ‘S’ pattern. On the other hand, this type of hair is prone to frizz. There are also three sub-types of wavy hair: 2a wavy (fine and thin), wavy (medium), and wavy (coarse). Wavy medium and coarse are very resistant to
➢ What to watch out for with this hair type: This type of hair is prone to frizz. This particular type of hair has cuticle layers raised, allowing moisture to swell the strands. Aside from wavy hair’s frizzy feature, other practices that can lead to hair becoming frizzy includes shampooing too often, blow- drying, and hair ironing. Frizzy hair can often lead to hair breakage.
Curly Hair (Type 3)
– curly hair has a more prominent and definite ‘S’ pattern and is a combination of thickness, fullness, body, as well as frizziness. It has two types: 3a curly (loose) and 3b curly (tight). This type of hair is full bodied, climate dependent, and damage prone.
➢ What to watch out for with this hair type: As mentioned, curly hair is prone to damage. This is characterized by the uneven cuticles that do not allow equal distribution of moisture. The main focus for curly hair – likewise with wavy to kinky hair – is moisturization. Avoid hair styling that includes blow-dry and hair iron. One valuable tip for wavy to kinky hair: shampoo less – but when you do, condition more.
Kinky Hair (Type 4)
– this type of hair features a tightly coiled pattern (or no discernible pattern at all). It has a very high density but is often fragile. This type of hair is the most susceptible to damage. There are three sub-types for kinky hair. These are the following: 4a kinky (soft), 4b (wiry), kinky (wiry with no defined curl pattern).
➢ What to watch out for with this hair type: Kinky hair is dry by nature and it is prone to breakage. It is the driest hair type and needs the gentlest and meticulous hair care. One important reminder regarding kinky hair: it needs moisture, daily. Heat, direct heat, styling iron, and blow-drying can easily damage this particular hair type.
A gentle shampoo that’s best for all hair types. Introducing Moringa-O2 Herbal Shampoo with Argan Oil. The Moringa-O2 hair care line infuses a rare and unique combination nature’s powerful ingredients: moringa (malunggay), olive oil, and omega oil from sunflower oil infused with argan oil, also known as liquid gold’ and is one of Hollywood’s best kept secret to lush and luxurious hair.
The Moringa-O2 hair care line is powered with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals for the ultimate and complete hair and scalp care system. It has vitamin A, C, D, E, B-complex, essential fatty acids omega 6 and 9, calcium and other minerals.
May it be Type 1 or Type 4, hair needs the right amount of moisturization, vitamins and minerals. Packed with vitamin A, malunggay ensures optimum delivery of oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles – making sure that every strand is nourished and oxygenated. It is also rich in zinc which strengthens the immune function of the skin and scalp.
Moringa-o2 offers a wide selection of skin and hair products: for hair (scalp and skin therapy oil, herbal shampoo with argan oil, herbal conditioner with argan oil, and hair relaxing serum with argan oil); for face (herbal soap, herbal toner, and hair scalp and skin therapy oil); and for body (insect repellant, herbal moisturizing lotion, herbal soap, and hair scalp and skin therapy oil).